Creamy delicious and healthy banana oatmeal to kickstart your day! This oatmeal with banana is topped with fresh fruit, and drizzled with rich maple syrup – simply a perfect healthy breakfast that won’t disappoint!
Creamy Banana Oatmeal
This time of year we often find ourselves watching the Australian Tennis Open. I’ve noticed the players often eat bananas between sets.
And for good reason. Banana is an instant and sustainable energy booster. The energy can help improve their performance.
So if you want a delicious, quick and healthy breakfast, put this around the top of your list. This simple and creamy banana oatmeal has become a go to healthy breakfast in our house.
Is this banana oatmeal healthy?
Yes! Oats and banana are both rich in nutrients. Like our peanut butter oatmeal, they’re full of vitamins, minerals, fibers and proteins. Enjoy real whole food, right from the start of your day.
This wholesome oatmeal with banana recipe is also filling and will keep you going until lunch. All you need is one ripe banana mixed up with oats on a stovetop, and cooked for less than 10 minutes!
The best thing is that this creamy banana oatmeal recipe is super versatile. Experiment with different toppings - other fruit and nuts, whatever you like.
Bring joy to your loves over breakfast, and start your day perfectly!
Old-fashioned rolled oats: This is my favourite because it doesn't take much time to be cooked. Steal cut oats and quick oats are not suitable for this recipe.
Salt: I use sea salt. You can use any.
Cinnamon: I like the aroma and taste of cinnamon when it’s combined with sweet maple syrup. Banana with oatmeal works well with cinnamon.
Banana: Use a soft ripe banana for cooking to make creamy banana oatmeal, and a firm ripe banana for the topping.
Milk: You can use any type of your favourite of milk. I use almond milk. If you fancy a creamer texture, try coconut milk.
Flax seeds and chia seeds are a great topping. I use grounded flax seeds. They’re both full of fibre and give it some extra texture.
Top Tips for Banana Oatmeal
This banana oatmeal is versatile. You can top it off with your favourite ingredients. My only suggestion is to add them once the oatmeal is cooked and ready to serve. This way you can keep the texture and flavour of your desired toppings. Here’s a few options:
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Almond butter
- Coconut flakes
- Coconut sugar
- Pretty much any fruit of choice – experiment!
More recipes for oatmeal:
Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
Baked Oatmeal with Apples
- 1 cup milk (any milk of choice, I use almond milk)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 bananas (one for topping)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pour milk and salt into a small saucepan on the stovetop and bring to boiling point on high heat.
- Add old-fashioned rolled oats, cinnamon and banana. Reduce the heat to the low heat. Crush banana and stir with a spatula regularly, ensuring not to burn the ingredients on the pan. Keep cooking until the milk and water are absorbed. It takes about 5 minutes.
- Turnoff the heat and place the banana oatmeal into a bowl. Place fresh banana and maple syrup on top. Or add chia seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon or your favourite toppings. That's it! Serve immediately!
Leave a Review!