This egg fried sandwich is the perfect protein-packed breakfast option for your busy weekdays. Deliciously creamy and flavourful, this simple cooking technique will deliver the best egg sandwich you’ve ever tried, every time!
Fried Egg Sandwich
If like me, you like your eggs a little bit runny, you’ll love this egg fried sandwich. Add melted cheese, and you’ve got a match made in heaven! This is hands down the easiest breakfast egg sandwich I’ve tried, and so satisfying!
I love fried egg sandwiches so much that I add an extra piece of bread and an extra egg per sandwich. Of course you can make it with just two slices of bread and one egg per sandwich if you prefer.
How do you cook fried eggs?
Most people, and I was one of them, don’t think a great deal about frying eggs. Just crack them in the frypan, add salt and pepper, and they’re done.
But there’s a simple technique that will bring your eggs to life with a creamier, richer taste. This egg fried sandwich recipe shows you how to maximise the taste of your next fried eggs sandwich!
Whether you prefer a runny egg yolk or harder, this simple cooking technique works for both!
My sister showed me – and it’s so simple. It involves dropping the eggs into the pan from as close to the pan as possible. That’s it! But it makes all the difference!
How to make eggs for sandwich is all about gently releasing the cracked egg onto the pan from the lowest possible height. By doing this, this egg sandwich recipe shows you how to make your egg sandwich breakfast much tastier - creamy, smooth and so satisfying!
The science behind this is that dropping the raw egg roughly or from a height onto the pan once you’ve cracked it, has a strong impact on the yolk and it can be damaged.
When the raw egg is gently released onto the pan and is heated up, the yolk stays extra creamy and rich. If the yolk is heated up after being damaged, the texture just isn’t as good, and nor is the taste.
Ingredients for egg fried sandwich
This fried egg sandwich recipe is quick and easy to make with three simple ingredients you always have at home:
- Fresh eggs
You can use any bread. I used whole wheat bread. Sourdough can work too. Use any type of cheese. I prefer cheddar as the flavour complements the egg perfectly.
This egg sandwich recipe is highly adaptable. You can make your own variation of this egg and cheese sandwich by adding your favourite ingredients. Try:
- Baby spinach leaves for some greens texture
- Mushrooms for a richer flavour
- Olives for a Mediterranean touch
Let me know how yours works in the comment section below!
Making the best fried egg sandwich
Sprinkle fresh black pepper on the egg. It works very well with this recipe. Or add paprika for a little spiciness. You can replace olive oil to olive oil spray.
Let's Get Started!
Ok, here’s my method for making the best egg fried sandwich!
The best fried egg pan is a non-stick fried pan or skillet.
First, heat up the bread with melted butter on the frying pan (I find this tastier than the toaster). Place them onto your breakfast plate.
My preferred eggs are where the egg whites are cooked through, and the yolk is still a bit runny. Sunny side up egg is difficult to cook the white eggs properly, so gently flip the eggs!
Only one thing you need to pay attention to here is the height of dropping the egg. Release the raw egg gently, as close to the pan as you can. Watch out not to touch the heated pan with your fingers.
You can easily control the softness of the egg yolks. Once you flip over the egg on the frying pan, gently touch the top with a table spoon and cook until the softness matches your preference. I prefer soft, creamy and little runny for this sandwich egg.
If you fancy firmer eggs, cook for two to three minutes until the egg whites becomes hard while egg yolk is still slightly runny in the middle. Then flip them over and keep cooking for another two minutes.
Once you cooked the egg yolks to your favourite softness. Place the slice cheese on each of them for around 10 seconds. Make sure you make some crispy parts at the edge. Then place the cooked eggs and cheese onto the bread.
That's it! Serve immediately!
MIKLIA breakfast ideas with eggs:
Egg White Omelette
Fried Egg Sandwich
- 4 fresh eggs
- 6 bread (slices)
- sea salt (a pinch to taste)
- black pepper
- 4 cheese slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or olive oil spray)
- paprika (optional)
- Put a tablespoon of butty in the frying pan and fry bread slices until golden on each side (or toast them in the toaster if you prefer). Place them onto the breakfast plate. Set aside.
- Keep frying pan on middle heat, and add olive oil.
- Drop the eggs gently from as close as possible onto the pan. Pay attention to not to burn your fingers as you do it
- Cook the eggs about for two minutes and turn them over gently with a spatula. It's easy to flip them if you use the edge of the frying pan. Check the softness of the egg yolks with a tablespoon by touching the back of the egg yolk with it once you’ve turned them over
- Once the egg yolks are cooked with the softness you desire, place the sliced cheese onto the eggs and cook for about ten seconds. Make a little crispiness at the edge.
- Transfer cooked eggs onto the bread and place the other slice on top. Then place the second layer egg on top of that. Finally, top off with the third slice of bread.* That's it! Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Leave a Review!